ECRC is formed as an instrument of the FSE and its objectives are in accordance with the FSE statutes (Section 2, Article 5, FSE Statutes).
The ECRC objectives are:
(1) To develop, collect and disseminate knowledge about cave rescue on a European level.
(2) To streamline collective activities, in order to put cave rescue to a priority level within the European concerns of civil protection and to assist the European speleologists in their interaction with public authorities.
(3) To combine the efforts of local speleological groups and national speleological associations so as to support common European praxis of cave rescue.
(4) To support collaboration with the European Union specialized structures and other international institutions and organizations, in the field of cave rescue.
(5) To act as a political lobby for cave rescue in Europe and to propose new laws and directives in this field.
Members of the ECRC
Antoniya Vlaykova (elected 2016), President of the ECRC
Andy Martin (member of the ECRC since 2017), Member of Luxembourg Caving Committee
Emre Can Güzel (member of the ECRC since 2017), President of Cave Rescue Commission of Turkey
Nicolas Magnon (member of the ECRC since 2017), Chief of operation and secretary in steering committee of Cave Rescue Switzerland (SpeleoSecours Switzerland)
Sergio Barbosa (member of the ECRC since 2017), Vice-president of the Portuguese Federation of Speleology
Ewelina Raczyńska (member of the ECRC since 2018), Member of Polish Cave Rescue Group (GRJ) / Grupa Ratownictwa Jaskiniowego
Fernando Caro Antúnez (member of the ECRC since 2019), Espeleo Socorro Aragonés
Gyula Hegedűs (member since 2019), Hungarian Cave Rescue, member of UIS Cave Rescue Commission
Robert Anžič (member of the ECRC since 2019), Slovenian Cave Rescue / Jamarska Reševalna Služba Slovenije – JRS Chairman of ECRA Cave Diving Rescue Commission
Teo Barišić (member of the ECRC since 2019), Cave Rescue Commission, Croatia / Hrvatska Gorska Služba Spašavanja – HGSS
New members for the ECRC
The ECRC did not have new members since 2020. As one of the objectives of the commission is to have representatives from different European countries, new members for the commission are always welcome.
If you think your knowledge and experience could be useful in achieving the ECRC objectives, please send a short description (simple speleo CV) to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information read the Internal regulations of the ECRC to be downloaded below.